Beardie Bubble During Bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

I posted about this once before here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252177

Tonight, similar occurrence: gave beardie a bath. He had a tiny droplet/bubble on 1 of his nostrils and he basically snorted it into his nose.

Could this hurt him? E.G., could it cause him to get an RI or something similar? He's back in his tank warming up and everything. It's late, past dinner, so I can't tell if his appetite is affected but he seems ok.

I held him upside down for about 15 secs and he didn't have any water come out (he just suqimred out of my hands like he normally would.)

Any input? Sick, possible RI? Anything to look out for over the next couple of days?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, me again. LOL

It sounds like your dragon has a tendency for doing these types of things. It might just be best to avoid baths if thats the case. Does he actually drink in the bath? If not, there really isn't much need to bathe him unless he decides to play body paint with his poo one day.

It usually isn't an issue, but if its a reoccurring thing, it potentially can develop into something. I stand by what I told you in the other thread :)

-Brandon

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1bipe3cc said:
Hi, me again. LOL

It sounds like your dragon has a tendency for doing these types of things. It might just be best to avoid baths if thats the case. Does he actually drink in the bath? If not, there really isn't much need to bathe him unless he decides to play body paint with his poo one day.

It usually isn't an issue, but if its a reoccurring thing, it potentially can develop into something. I stand by what I told you in the other thread :)

-Brandon

He does drink from the bath but yes, we can try to avoid them in the future. Seems practical.

Having said that, what should I do right now? I'm worried less about future baths and more about the damage that may happen right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom