Help with baby beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caneersgf1

106726-5666127643.jpg
First of all let me say I have a total of 4 bearded dragons and 2 geekos. My newest baby beardie, I got at Petsmart about a month ago. He has barely grown. He was not eatting so i started him on repta-boost. He would dig in his greens but not eat much. He finally started hunting and chasing baby crickets. He was asleep on his tree and fell off about a week ago. It scared the crap out of me. I jumped up and notice he was holding up his right leg and he was shakey. But it didnt appear broke and he walks fine. Every since then it seems his balance is off. Mushu is in a 40 gal tank with a 100w basking and he has a 26w for his florescent. I keep the tank at about 95 degree and his humidity is around 40. Im really worried. The other one I got from Petsmart tripled in size within the first 45 days. My other 2 are adults around 18" to 24". All of them are in 40 gal tanks.
106726-3121276065.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. He looks a bit weakened based on the photos. It's quite possible he was sick with something when you got him. Is he moving around at all now? I'd continue trying the repta-boost. Try keeping him well hydrated. Maybe try offering some baby food sweet potato puree and see if he likes that. You'll want to be very careful about hand washing, cleaning/sanitizing etc between handling him and your others in case he is carrying something that could be contracted by the others.

Caneersgf1

Original Poster
I give him daily calcium baths making sure he his getting the calcium water to drink. Ive gotten him to eat a couple crickets daily. I put a heating pad on a low setting in his tank. I have chicken puree baby food. Ill try the sweet potatoes too. I know the calcium doesnt go through his skin but he loves to float on my hand. I figured that way its a diluted amount. I didnt know if you can give them to much calcium. I think the fall rattled his cage and though maybe it didnt break his little leg, it possibly made it sore. Like I said he walks fine, just like hes off balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom