Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardielover133

I have a baby bearded dragon and I was taking him out to meet my friends and he jumped out of my hands and landed on the cement and I heard the impact. He was still moving around like nothing was broken, but he isn’t moving as much as he usually does. I’m going to take him to the vet as soon as one opens (we don’t have any emergency vets by my house), but is there anything I should keep an eye out in the meantime?

Update: I took Draco to the vet today and he is ok! Nothing is broken, she said he was probably just in shock. She recommended getting a harness for him because he likes to run and jump a lot so I’m omw to the pet store now! Thank you for all the help and support

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear this ! The fact that he's moving differently may indicate that there's possible internal damage or broken bones. Hopefully that's not the case and he's just really sore as we would be from a fall on to concrete. A vet can xray to be sure. If he becomes very lethargic, gapes, black beards,starts passing blood, limbs begin to swell, other body parts look crooked [ tail, leg, etc ] then that would all indicate some problem. Don't handle him too much until you see the vet .

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The babies tend to be able to bounce back from things like these better than adults. Sometimes it's just some soreness but its always beat to get an xray of they seem to be acting differently.

Hopefully by tomorrow your baby is feeling better and healed up. But watch for the signs that AHBD mentioned.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry that happened. How far did he fall, from your hands? I hope he will be
fine, but definitely get him into the vets when you can just to be sure nothing is fractured, etc.
Definitely let us know how he is doing & if he starts to decline.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom