Yellow fungus

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Yellow fungus

Postby Ryankirsch » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:16 pm

I have had my beardie for about 6 months got him as a newborn, he just shed his beard and he has a couple scales that are a faint yellow, it comes and goes, but he acts completely normal eats about 40-50 crickets a day and eats some greens we are still working on that, but could it still be yellow fungus ???
Ryankirsch
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Yellow fungus

Postby claudiusx » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:38 pm

If the color comes and goes it's most definitely not yellow fungus. Especially of it's only a few random scales here and there.

You can post a pic if you want to double verify it :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
claudiusx

Postby Ryankirsch » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Okay thanks you I was worried, I just switched his substrate tonight from a mat, to sand, his cage was starting to stink from when he poops and I clean it out it seeps into the carpet and the rug starts to smell, he’s old enough to know not to eat the sand by now right ? lol I know they say not to do it with babies but many people have told me by now is a good time to switch him to sand
Ryankirsch
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:36 pm

Hello,

Do you have any pictures of his beard you could post? A lot of times, they do get pigmentation
changes on various areas of their body.
Sand usually isn't a recommended but if you wanted to use sand, we recommend using the
washed & sifted playsand instead of the pet store calcium based type of sands.
They naturally like to lick or taste their surroundings but some have more of a tendency to
ingest things they shouldn't.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Weirdsnakelady » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:35 am

Hi
I’ve read all the posts about poor Yoshi and I’m in a similar situation, I fear my beardie has yellow fungus, I’ve done all the things listed, Betadine, hebiclens, antifungal cream, baby food but it’s carrot/parsnip/apple I’m adding acidophilus sachets a pinch to it, and I have soy yoghurt. I don’t have anything form a vet yet as I’ve been both vets who don’t have a reptile person anymore because she has become manager and won’t help me😔, I asked if I can just have the meds and self monitor but no not interested, but still looking for another vet whilst I do everything on here to keep it in check. The first day I saw it was Wednesday a few spots and blisters on the tail so I salt bathed her and that improved her greatly, her appetite has been off recently which I thought was brumation but now I suspect illness. I recently changed ground substrate which I suspect may be the cause, the only change, I clean all poop out immediately so she’s never dirty. Apart from stressing about her not having an antibiotic or antifungal from a vet, am I doing ok ????. I can’t sleep or settle in case she’s in any discomfort 🤔. Her set up is proper 75w ceramic heat lamp and Reptiglo 10% uv, basking 98 deg, all things have now been removed and paper towel to stop any further contamination, I am syringe feeding as she has always been a lazy eater and likes to be hand fed( which is prob my fault because she was neglected prior). Any help advice or opinions would be very gratefully received thank you 😊. Clare (weird snake lady is what the old vet calls me )
Weirdsnakelady
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:36 am

Hi Claire [ weirdsnake lady ] if you start your own thread it would be good so your dragon's history + problem won't get mixed up with this one.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Weirdsnakelady » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:35 am

So sorry I posted on someone else’s thread as you can tell I’m not very techno so please excuse my ignorance, I’m getting there but slowly 😔I will try and remove this one thank you for the tip 😉x
Weirdsnakelady
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 pm

Hello,

That is quite alright, no worries. I see that you did start your thread regarding Yellow Fungus. :D

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER