Stanley not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
So normally my bearded dragon is a happy eater and loves his crickets. But today he ate breakfast amd then lunch and dinner he didn't eat any just his salad. The tank set up we have is a 40 gallon long with a t8 uvb tube buld goiing along the tank. He is about 15 inches long not sure on exact age. His basking is 105-110 in basking amd 80 on cold side. He has been pooping at least once a day. We usb a probe thermometer to get temps. It is getting colder here so it could be brumation but not sure since I read they dont do that till they are adults. He alsp the past 2 days hasn't been basking a lot

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Would you be able to post up a picture of Stanley and his tank perhaps?

1 or 2 off days is really nothing to worry about. They go through things just like we do. :)
But he could be starting to slow down if he is going to brumate potentially.

I would track his weight to make sure he isn't loosing weight too quick.

How do his poo's look?

-Brandon

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
105895-7850603722.jpg
105895-7427083300.jpg
His poops look normal with the brown kinda green tint for his salds od mustard or collard greens with squash. These are pictures from today of his tank and him. Last time I weighted him he was 208 on the 17th of Nov so I will weigh him again soon.
105895-1620602599.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stanley looks great :)

Are his poo's well formed or kinda loose and runny?

Good that you recently weighed him. Let us know what his most current weight is so we can keep track of it.

What UVB bulb are you using? It's mounted outside the tank right?

-Brandon

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
Its not lose or anything. Well formed and soild but soft. I am useing the reprising t8 usb buld tube and it is mouted in the cage and he is about 6-7 inches away from it

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok great,

All sounds good :)

Just give him some time and see how things progress.

-Brandon

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
So recently weighed him and everything else yesterday. He is still 15 in and weighs 258 grams so he is still gaining weight and not losing it but is still being slow with eating food. He normally eats like 30 or 40 crickets a day and today only ate like 10. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I gave him a superworm the other day and gobbled it up and digested just fine. I know they can't be staple due to high fat content. Do you guys have any suggestions? It is winter time here and outside temps are around 38 degrees F. But we keep our room around 75 during the day and drops lower to 68 at night. Humidity around 28-36% thru the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom