Yellow fungus in mouth. He is so so sick, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemH82

Give guys, those is a new thread following on from my sick little rankind dragon who is 7 months old (not 5 sorry)

He has been getting progressively worse and we found an exotic vet who is doing swabs as he has bright yellow fungus and ulcers in his mouth.

He has now dropped 12g in 8 days, he refuses food though he will take a little critical care formula and he has an anti-fungal med

I've really done all I can for him and I'm totally at a loss. It could be weekd before we get results and he cant keep losing weight at this rate.

Help, I fear I'm going to lose him soon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some beardies have yellowish mouths, it's not necessarily a health problem. I've never heard of mouth fungus on any forum. Did they mean mouth rot ? Does it look like cheese or pus around the gums ? It's good that he ate some. The big problem that started this weight loss was giving an enema, just Google it and you'll see that some dragons have died after enemas or become extremely weak. Hopefully he doesn't have mouth rot, if so antibiotics can clear it up in most cases.

GemH82

Original Poster
I'm honestly not sure what the vet said. I've thankfully found another, more experienced exotic vet. He didn't start to lose weight until a over a week after the enema but to be honest he hasn't been eating for 3 weeks prior to that.
That almost 5 weeks now he hasn't eaten much.
It's just bright yellow, I dont see any cheese or pus.
I need to go and Google mouth rot! I'll get a pic but its impossible on my own :-/

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the enema forced everything out of him , that made him sick when all he was doing was brumating. Vets make more money when they do all these procedures. There are good ones + bad ones out there + there have been plenty of bad results on this forum. Just keep offering the slurry or Critical Care for now. Please be sure this new vet has good reviews on handling beardies.

GemH82

Original Poster
Yeah this is much brighter than that with ulcerated bits on the roof of his mouth. Point blank refusing food just now. I'm totally at a loss!

GemH82

Original Poster
AHBD":1gmo7x47 said:
Yes, the enema forced everything out of him , that made him sick when all he was doing was brumating. Vets make more money when they do all these procedures. There are good ones + bad ones out there + there have been plenty of bad results on this forum. Just keep offering the slurry or Critical Care for now. Please be sure this new vet has good reviews on handling beardies.

Would he brumate and 7.5 months old?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
GemH82":3gbxexsn said:
I can get a pic of hos mouth tomorrow when I've another set of hands to help

Okay, that will help. Also, you may want to PM user Drache613. She is a vet and an excellent resource for the tougher cases.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can as long as they are near adult size but it's usually for a shorter time than an adult dragon. He looked good size and very healthy in your pics, he does look thinner now but not skinny. Hopefully he does not have a serious mouth issue and if so your new vet can help him out.

GemH82

Original Poster
That's not a pic from now. I'll get one tomorrow.
He has an anti-fungal but also waiting for the lab results.
I'm feeling totally helpless

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Don't give up hope, I know your'e scared like anyone would be. I saw the pics from your other thread + he looked good. If he lost a bit of weight it was due to the enema. Be sure to tell your new vet everything that was done to him. Do you know what fungal meds. he is on now ? And Aradimian, there are Rankin's dragons bred in the U.S.,+ other countries just much more rare than beardies. And that's a great pic of a yellow mouth there on that Eastern beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom