Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexaak

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I wanted to give you all an update. It’s been about four months since Cheeto was diagnosed with Yellow Fungus. He has been on Terbinafine twice a day ever since. He’s growing like crazy, and loves to eat. I am so blessed that he’s made it this long with me! I am hoping to keep him happy and healthy for much longer. He does still have yellow spots pop up and he sheds very often and uneven (he will shed his head and his tail, and then his body, weird!) He does have some open wounds from the fungus, about three of them, which I cover with lamisil daily. I love his little personality, he is absolutely everything to me.
106618-6093235300.jpg
106618-6556891026.jpg
106618-2414986845.jpg

Thank you all for your support and advice when this all began. I appreciate it greatly!

Alexa and Cheeto ❤️

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Cheetoh looks really good though, even though he is still having some yellow fungus issues.
I am so happy to hear he is recovering & growing right now. Hopefully in time, the fungus will
all be gone & he wont have to deal with it anymore.
How old is he now?

Thanks for the updates.
Tracie

Alexaak

Original Poster
Tracie,

I’m so glad to hear from you again! I am thinking Cheeto is about eight-nine months. I’m hoping that he makes a full recovery as well!

Thank you,
Alexa

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Alexa,

Thanks for the pictures of Cheetoh, he really does look so magnificent. LOL I really think
he is on the road to recovery.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Alexaak

Original Poster
Hi everybody!

It has been a long time since I have posted. I regret to inform you all that my baby Cheeto lost his fight to Yellow Fungus on August 12th, 2020. My baby fought so hard for so much longer than I thought he would, and his body just could not fight the fungus anymore. He passed peacefully at home in his enclosure, his favorite place to be. I actually had him scheduled to be euthanized two days later, but I guess he was ready; even though I wasn’t. I miss him dearly but I am so blessed to have gotten to spend almost a full year with him - especially after I thought I was going to lose him after he was diagnosed. I never thought I would love a lizard like I do but man I love him more than I can even begin to explain. He taught me so much and he was my world.

Thank you all for the advice and kindness. My boy deserved to live the best life possible and I believe he did because of the help I received here. Thank you.

For anyone seeing this post who assumes or knows that their beardie has Yellow Fungus - I hope that my post and my baby’s story can help you and give you some guidance. I was not sure if I was going to treat Cheeto for the fungus when he was diagnosed because I thought it was a losing battle... but I treated him with Terbinafine (oral antifungal) everyday, twice a day, basically since diagnosis and up until his last morning. I am glad that I made the decision to treat him because he was happy and healthy for a long time. My boy grew to 20 inches long and 300 grams (when he was diagnosed, he only weighed 69 grams). I am so proud of him for fighting the battle as long as he could. Please, if you think your beardie has YF, take them to the vet for a skin scraping. That is the only way they can diagnose YF. It can be controlled for a substantial period of time (as you can see with my Cheeto’s story) but is normally fatal.

Alexa

106618-2018733579.jpg
106618-9307900774.jpg
106618-7347739762.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:cry:
I am so sorry to hear about Cheeto --so young - you both fought so hard and you took such good care of him totally heartbreaking - my heart goes out to you and him :(
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom