funky massive poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzyanathema

hello! i am new to these forums. my beardie just had a huge stool movement and i’m worried. some backstory:
i got my beardie, axle, from a friend almost a month and a half ago. he’s about 1 or 2 years old. for a couple weeks, he’s been super lazy and lounging under his log all day sleeping. he also hasn’t been eating. just the other day i replaced his uvb with a better one and decluttered his tank with things that took up too much space, he’s currently in a 35 gallon because that’s what he was in with my friend and i have yet to buy a new 50. he hasn’t pooped in at least a week, maybe almost two. for the past couple days, he’s been out and basking in his light and eating more frequently. today, he took this massive poop and is now hiding on top of his log giving it a sideways stare. he already seems a bit more energetic than he says been. is he okay?
stool: https://imgur.com/a/r8xs6b6
axle: https://imgur.com/a/ST3ap1r

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there , no worries about that size. Big dragons make big poos ! Even small dragons produce ones that seem out of proportion, it's a much discussed subject on beardie forums.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is normal for them to be slow this time of year and I am surprised hes not sleeping more but I am sure hes going thru relocation stress since you have moved him --- the poop looks normal to me--- what kind of UVB brand and bulb please-- where on the tank is it? what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun ? stick ons? or digital probe? When are you getting the 50 gallon tank ? He is in a tank way too small for his size -- we normally recommend a 75-120 gallon for a full size dragon but it is whatever you can afford--- w/ a 50 just kinda plan to take him out more often --- he looks good --what kind of substrate do you have him on ? we can give all kinds of suggestions for substrate ---- diet ----- and lighting help ----- just ask we are here to help---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom