Heat lamp blew no other bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardies heat lamp blew and I don’t have a back up light except for a heating pad. Nervous the heating pad will melt the tank or mess up the glass if I put it in there wrapped in a blanket. What can I do for him? Really worried about him keeping warm since he just had amputation surgery yesterday. I just got done redecorating his tank with a wool bed (similar to a dog bed), his hammock low to the ground and a new flooring.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

You can use a normal household bulb. Many of us do. As long as it's not an led or a cfl, it should put off some heat.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh that's odd, the fixtures dont typically go bad. Bummer.

If it's just for tonight he will be fine. I'd imagine it's his bed time soon? As long as your house doesnt get too cold at night, he will be fine for the night.

It's either that or a late night trip to a home improvement store to buy a fixture.

-Brandon

lubkoz

id suggest you get a hot water bottle. i have one so that whenever the power goes out i can just lay him ontop of it. get one with felt/any type of fabric around it because they can actually get really hot on the rubber itself plus my beardie loves soft things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom