Juvenile - Lethargic / Semi Eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBlacklist85x

Hello Everyone,

I am new to starting a thread but have always used this forum/community to make sure I was doing right by my Bearded. This is my second time owning a Bearded as I've had one in the past.

Our Juvenile "Fred" (Like my Little 5-year-old Layla calls him) is about a month from purchase from our Local Petsmart. He was doing great until about 5 days ago (Saturday) night. He has started to just plop himself down on his heating rock, not the highest but midway and pretty much remain there for the entire day. My wife attempts to feed him throughout the day and sometimes he will eat a bit, sometimes he refuses to acknowledge she is even there. I've given him baths, the first bath he was drinking healthy and enjoying himself, the second bath he wanted nothing to do with the water and just floated around in it. I put him in my hand and turned the water off he seemed super limp as when I reached for a towel he rolled over in my palm onto his back and made little to no effort to correct himself, so I instantly did when I realized he was not going to. Now we are back in the tank and has no movement, no care in the world.

His tank is 40 Gallon Glass, Carpet Substrate, Basking light is a combo Solar Glo 125 (keeps basking area 105-115), we also have a UVB Reptisun 10.0 that runs the length of the rest of the tank. The cool side is around 80-90. At night lights go off the tank remains between 69-75.

He is fed Kale, and Mixed Veggies, as well as Newborn Dubai Roaches, dusted with Calcium. Calcium was not entirely given at every meal as we would forget from time to time.

I am at a loss of what to do for him at this point as I think everything seems pretty spot on tank wise.

Thanks for the help!
~Chris

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Chris,

Would you be able to post a picture of him and your setup?

How far is your solarglo from the basking surface?
And how far is the reptisun?

Cool side of 80-90 is a pretty large range. What are you taking your temps with?
80 is good for the cool side, but if its getting up to the 85-90 range it's too hot for him.

How has his poo's and urates been looking? Has he been getting any extra hydration at all?
When did this bath scare happen? Recently?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get as much useful info as possible to help you and fred out :)

-Brandon

xBlacklist85x

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, don't apologize for asking questions when you are trying to help, I will answer as many as I can!

The Solar Glo is around 6 inches from the top of the Rock formation.

The reptisun is across the tank but super far away from everything except the same rock he hangs out on.

Poo was normal up to the point of not eating much, he hasn't really pooped too much.

106371-7132800226.jpg
106371-5316390428.jpg
106371-1173802079.jpg

xBlacklist85x

Original Poster
Hello!

I want to send an update for this morning there’s been no better progress still very sluggish. We do believe that perhaps it’s from the weather getting colder where we live It just recently got a lot colder we also realized that the humidity is getting really high and everything that was done to keep it down Isn’t seeming to work. For some reason it’s spiking into the 60-70s now at night.

I am thinking I will go out and buy a ceramic heater for night perhaps that will fight the high humidity at night

Could high humidity and colder temperatures in our area cause something like this to happen? He doesn’t look unhealthy which is the weird part!

Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh boy he really doesnt look too good in the picture.

What are you measuring your temperatures with?

60-70 at night really isnt too bad. It typically we raise at night. But you can use a che if youd like. The extra warmth might help him.
But its imperative that you are measuring your temperatures with an accurate device, and not those dial stick on thermometers.
I highly suggest you get a digital thermometer with probe end and measure your basking surface temp and your cool side temp. And then let us know what it is.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom