Gooey disharge on my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pricy0927

I've been noticing this gooey stuff on my bearded dragon. It started out on his left eye and now it is at the tip of his mouth. Please help I am new to this stuff. And am I able to change my username?(sorry for this off topic sentence)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post any pictures of your dragon's eye for us so we can see a little better, what you
are talking about & the severity?
What type/brand of UVB lighting are you using & do you have sand or another loose type of
substrate in the tank?
You can get some sterile saline solution to use, daily right now, to help flush out the eye to see
if that helps out.
Let us know how he is doing. I hope he doesn't have a really bad eye infection.
As far as changing your user name, you can contact the Admin to have him help with changing
your user name.

Tracie

Pricy0927

Original Poster
106295-4121979172.jpg
106295-4059181837.jpg
Hello guys, I dont have sand in his cage but I use Reptile carpet. I'll post pic about his eyes later because I recently just took out the nasty stuff on his eyes and mouth yesterday but it is already coming back on his mouth and eyes. I'll have to wait a little bit longer to see all the disharge and then I'll send it.And I recently just got a new heat lamp for him.
106295-2703641150.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, we definitely need some pictures of the eye area.
The tube bulb you are using, what brand is that? What type of basking light are you using?
I do recommend that you get some sterile saline solution to wash his eyes out with to help,
daily.
Is he eating anything right now?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Pricy0927

Original Poster
106295-9258614629.jpg
106295-8620772110.jpg
106295-4815270235.jpg
106295-1091050716.jpg
Hello The brand for the Heat bulb is from Zoo Med. For the UVB Bulb I dont remeber where it is from. He eats Dubia Roaches, Superworms, and Romaine lettuce.l also put raw honey mixed with warm water on his eyes and mouth. I saw someone say that it would help.( P.S I'm still waiting for the discharge to get to his eyes so you can see it, the eye pic I sent was from a different day.) And also can you send me a pic of the sterile saline solution I looked it up and there are many different types.
106295-5591025464.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, poor little guy does look sick. Looks like his body + throat are slightly puffed up which could indicate an R.I [ respiratory infection ] Does he breath O.K or make any noise ? What have the temps been in the tank before you got the new heat bulb and now ? How many watts is the heat bulb , the one you had before and the one you have now ?

Pricy0927

Original Poster
He breathes ok, He doesnt make any noises either. The basking spot is usaully 100° to 110° F The heat lamp I think is 150 watts I just got the same type of heat lamp cuz the old bulb died out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K that's good, just watch that he's not breathing heavy or making popping noises. How long has this been happening + how long have you been using the honey ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Aww poor fella'

I agree he does look pretty sickly. The bloating is what is concerning to me. In the last picture you showed you can really see the bloating. Does he typically look that way?

That is quite a huge range for your basking surface temp. What are you using to measure them? That dial that is seen in your picture?
Thats good he hasn't been making any noises while breathing. Does he seem to breath kinda hard though, like labored?

I'm wondering if he might have ate something that he wasn't supposed to. Is it possible he got out and ate something? Has he been outside at all?

-Brandon

Pricy0927

Original Poster
I've been using the honey for 2 weeks. I started noticing the discharge 2 months ago. I thought it was shed but it wasnt till It started to go on the tip of his mouth.

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To Brandon, He doesnt always look bloated he only does it sometimes in the mornings along with my 3 other dragons. The dial is what I use to measure the basking temperature the cooler side is usaully 80° to 85°F. The basking spot is usually over 100° F it just depends if its very cold in my house. He doesnt seem to have a hard time breathing, He is always curious and watches me everytime I'm in my room. No he never got out of his cage. He's only been outside like once or twice because I dont like taking my pets outside anymore because my Guinea Pigs died from mites on the grass that came from a park.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
And he's still eating well ? Might he have aspirated water during a soak ? Can you find a good reptile vet ? Something going on that needs to be seen to, maybe a good vet can figure it out..

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To ABHD, Yes he is eating well. No he hasnt aspirated water during a bath. My parents dont like taking our pets to vets cuz they say its to exspensive :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good that he's eating well. :) Is there anything in your room that might be irritating him, fragrance, candles, etc ? Just trying to cover all bases. No loose bugs in the tank ? One thing to do is keep his tank at least 75-80 at night to help his immune system out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom