Bearded Dragon keeps pooping and window surfing all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bweiser18

Hello my bearded dragon is pooping extremely small every single day. Also she is window surfing all day long. Any reason as to why? Temps are good, and I keep letting her out to run around.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How old is she?
What does she do when you let her out?

Can you feel any eggs in her belly? It might be a good idea to create a lay box for her if shes at the age where she could be producing eggs.

-Brandon

Bweiser18

Original Poster
She’s over a year old. Pushing like over a year and a half old. I don’t have a male in there with her though? And she just runs around

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Females can lay infertile eggs, they dont need to be with a male or have ever seen a male in their life to create eggs. :)

If nothing else has changed with your setup, and your husbandry is good, shes exhibiting text book egg laying behavior.
Of course nothing is absolute, but based on details given, that's what I'd put my money on.

-Brandon

Bweiser18

Original Poster
She also doesn’t have much of an appetite. Won’t eat vegetables and eating very few Dubai roaches. Maybe 8 all week long. Is that another symptom?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes actually :)

Restlessness, glass surfing, digging or scratching at things, decreased appetite, and smaller or no stools are all the signs.

It wouldnt hurt to put her in a lay box just to see what she does. Sometimes they will gold onto the eggs if they dont find a suitable or comfortable place to lay them. This can cause some bad complications.

Just make her a box with warm moist sand or a mixture of sand and potting soil with no chemicals or fertilizers added to it. And let it be around 8+ inches deep so she can burrow and dig. Make sure it's only damp enough to hold its shape when dug in.

-Brandon

Bweiser18

Original Poster
Do you have to use dirt? Could I make a pile of towels or something on the other side of the tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She needs to be able to create a burrow so you need to use something that can be dug in and hold its shape.

Sand will work too. A huge bag of playsand should be less than 10 bucks.

-Brandon

Bweiser18

Original Poster
Went to the pet store and got sand. Made a little area for her on a box and filled it up. She didn’t do anything but she’s calmed down a little bit. She ate a salad and some bugs. My girlfriend said this morning she was surfing the glass again but only when she walked into the room

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok great. Hope the sand didnt set you back too much. It's typically much cheaper at home improvement stores.

Would you be able to post a picture perhaps? One of her and one of the lay box you made her?

-Brandon

Bweiser18

Original Poster
97211-7637218600.jpg
97211-4154457380.jpg
97211-3185676695.jpg
Here is the lizard, the laybox which is deep enough to burrow in, and also she went to the bathroom yet again but just a little at a time. At this point I’m not sure what’s going on.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The sand looks dry. You want it to be like sandcastle constancy so that she can feel safe burrowing in it.
It helps to cover a majority of it too so she feels safe.

Have you been able to feel any eggs at all?
It's possible she isnt actually gravis and there is another factor at play. But the lay box is a safe bet.

We could go over your husbandry too with you to rule out any environmental factors that might be effecting her if youd like.

-Brandon

Bweiser18

Original Poster
I feel no lumps at all in her belly. If she’s not gravid what else could be causing her to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom