Is this yellow fungus? First time beardie owner rescue help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperez

Hey there everyone, I’m hoping I could use your help

this will be my first time owning a beardie, I’ve done extensive research and wasn’t exactly planning on getting one right now however, I came across a little guy who’s crying out for help.

as I’m sure the rest of us are guilty of, I was scrolling through Craigslist in my area and came across an ad for a beardie and it’s living conditions are... bad. Very bad.

long story short, I’m picking him up this Friday, but the pictures attached on craigslist show blisters on his leg that are very concerning. I’m wondering if someone could help me identify exactly what it is? Is this yellow fungus? Of course he will be going straight to the vet, but I just want an idea beforehand of what I’m getting myself into. I attached the image I hope it opens properly. You’ll see the patch on the leg and some speckles on the tail. Any advice will help me out!!
106222-9684782875.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what that is based on the photo. It doesn't look like other examples of YF that I've seen but also doesn't look quite right either. More photos of the leg could be helpful. Perhaps it's just an odd shed or thicker layer of stuck shed. I'd certainly have the vet examine it and probably take a sample for testing to know what you're dealing with for sure. He looks pretty good other than that, based on the photo. I'd certainly adopt him to give him a good home. You may wind up with some treatment but I've seen MUCH worse on Craigslist and other places.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It doesnt look like yellow fungus to me.
Better pictures would help too. Perhaps closer up.
From the picture it looks just like dirty or stained areas, and potentially some dirty shed.

If he was housed poorly it can very easily be poo stains or dirt stains.

-Brandon

claudiusx":3dodrycj said:
Hi there,

It doesnt look like yellow fungus to me.
Better pictures would help too. Perhaps closer up.
From the picture it looks just like dirty or stained areas, and potentially some dirty shed.

If he was housed poorly it can very easily be poo stains or dirt stains.

-Brandon

I think it is poop or dirt stains for sure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful dragon ! I don't think it's Y.F. either. You could always ask the owner to give it a bath and a quick scrub, dirt + poo will come off easily. That should be at least an hour before you get there so he can dry off full before being transported. Or you could wash him yourself when you get there, then dry him well and make sure it's warm in the car for the ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom