IS HE A BOY OR GIRL?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my beardie was a boy, but I came home today to find loads of white things in his tank. I’ve just seen him poop one out as well, which is leading me to believe he’s really a girl!! His previous owner had him for 2 years and never said anything about this, so I’m not sure what to do?!

105609-6602160688.jpg

If this is the case, what do I do with the eggs?! Am I safe to take them out? How do I dispose of them?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

You definitely have a girl!

She might still have some eggs in her so you'll want to make a lay box for her so she can comfortably lay the rest. You dont want her to hold on to them.

Up the calcium in her diet too. Calcium stores get depleted during the egg creating process.

How is she acting? I bet shes tired.

If shes never been with a male they are definitely not fertile and you can basically just throw them out if you want. If you're unsure, you can freeze them before tossing. This will stop the development process if it's going on.

-Brandon

beaniethebeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":3c1vvv4l said:
Hi there,

You definitely have a girl!

She might still have some eggs in her so you'll want to make a lay box for her so she can comfortably lay the rest. You dont want her to hold on to them.

Up the calcium in her diet too. Calcium stores get depleted during the egg creating process.

How is she acting? I bet shes tired.

If shes never been with a male they are definitely not fertile and you can basically just throw them out if you want. If you're unsure, you can freeze them before tossing. This will stop the development process if it's going on.

-Brandon

She’s never been with a male for definite, so I’ll just throw the eggs. What do I make a lay box out of, and do I put it in her tank or keep it separate?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water
You can either keep her in her tank or move her to another plastic tote w/ lights to see if she will lay more --- give her extra calcium on her food or bugs etc
Also I would get rid of the pellats substrate -- you can get some textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle --- how big is the tank shes in now?
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today, did you get a laybox made for her?
Be sure to give extra calcium for her in case she does indeed, have more eggs to lay. It
really does zap their calcium stores.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom