Help! My bearded dragon is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this tail rot? She just entered into brumation and had been under her cave for 2 days and all of a sudden i took her out to feed and she had this.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Beardy0419":2ohzvs30 said:
Is this tail rot? She just entered into brumation and had been under her cave for 2 days and all of a sudden i took her out to feed and she had this.
can you post a picture? use user image uploader

Beardy0419

Original Poster
My beardy started brumation and hid in her cave. I brought her out after 2 days to
105279-6172150960.jpg
105279-3670748123.jpg
feed her and her tail looked like this. I'm not sure id this is tail rot or if her tail got stuck and squished in the cave. I pinched her tail and she doesn't react. Please help!
105279-6172150960.jpg
105279-3670748123.jpg

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Looks like there was some injury to the tail. I would put some raw unpasteurized honey or non-pain reflief Neosporin type on it to try to keep it from getting infected. More than likely it will fall off at the pinch there. You want to watch for any infection. Watch for if it starts getting dark and it starts spreading up the tail. If all goes well it will heal up fine but that part might fall off. If it gets infected and starts looking like it's spreading take him to the vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look essentially just like a tail pinch. This commonly happens, getting the end of the
tail pinched or caught in a door, etc. This isn't tail rot though.
Just watch the tail & be sure that the end just dries up & falls off on its own & that there isn't
any darker coloring that travels up the tail. If that happened, it would mean there could be some
infection on the tail. Usually though, this type of injury is pretty cut & dry. There really shouldn't
be any infection that crops up from this since there was no bite associated with the injury.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom