Baby beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I’m Kalin I just got a baby bearded dragon 4 days ago he ate his crickets and some super worms the first 2 days and now nothing he shows no interest in his greens nor bugs. He has a uvb/ heat bulb and a ceramic heating bulb. His day time temps are from 95-107 on basking side and on the cool side it’s about 8-85 help please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So your UVB and heat is the all in one? Basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby--What is the all in one you are using? Brand and bulb please--- how are you taking those temps? Infrared heat gun? digital probe ? or stick ons?
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":re3la9o8 said:
So your UVB and heat is the all in one? Basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby--What is the all in one you are using? Brand and bulb please--- how are you taking those temps? Infrared heat gun? digital probe ? or stick ons?
Karrie
I believe it’s a zoomed bulb, I’m taking my temps with a zoo med probe thermometer

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
Kalinthehippie":3pk9la4v said:
KarrieRee":3pk9la4v said:
Karrie
I believe it’s a zoomed bulb, I’m taking my temps with a zoo med probe thermometer
And yes it is an all in one heat and uvb bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so how have his poops been ? Is he pooping? Is he hydrated? Keeping him hydrated is key-- what kind of vegies are you feeding him and what insects ? If he does not start to eat something here soon no more than a week we are gonna haft to look at the lighting closer--- most babies will cut back on the eating due to relocation stress but to stop eating all together is not good--- you dont want them to start losing weight --- as far as the tank you will need to upgrade soon --- he needs more floor space -- what size tank do you have him in now?
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3po5eh1m said:
Ok so how have his poops been ? Is he pooping? Is he hydrated? Keeping him hydrated is key-- what kind of vegies are you feeding him and what insects ? If he does not start to eat something here soon no more than a week we are gonna haft to look at the lighting closer--- most babies will cut back on the eating due to relocation stress but to stop eating all together is not good--- you dont want them to start losing weight --- as far as the tank you will need to upgrade soon --- he needs more floor space -- what size tank do you have him in now?
Karrie
At first they were wet then the lest one was kinda dry and he regurgitated half of a worm I fed him. He’s well hydrated I gave him a warm soak to try an help and he drank from his bowl the day before that. I have been feeding him mustard greens that’s just was was easiest to get at the store. As well as feeder baby crickets and a few small super worms. My temps may have been a little low in basking I moved the log in the tank and he climbed right to the top as close to the uvb and heat light he could get. He’s in a 30 gallon tank as of right now and I’m buying a 4 ft vision enclosure next week cause I plan to go bioactive

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok make sure you do good research on the bioactive there are people on this board that can help w/ that so please ask questions--- raising the basking temp will help w/ the digestion that could be why hes not eating along w/ the dehydration - work on that and see if that helps -- he should be eating at least 20 crickets / day if not more ----- w/ the soak and the drinking of water in the tank will help too - you can wash his greens before serving them so they have moisture -- is he eating those greens at all? Collards are good and will last longer than the mustard or turnip greens are good as well as they will last longer too- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":dm7egwyz said:
Ok make sure you do good research on the bioactive there are people on this board that can help w/ that so please ask questions--- raising the basking temp will help w/ the digestion that could be why hes not eating along w/ the dehydration - work on that and see if that helps -- he should be eating at least 20 crickets / day if not more ----- w/ the soak and the drinking of water in the tank will help too - you can wash his greens before serving them so they have moisture -- is he eating those greens at all? Collards are good and will last longer than the mustard or turnip greens are good as well as they will last longer too-
Karrie
he ate a few the second day I got him which was surprising cause he wasn’t raised doing that, he’s also rubbing his face against the log and there are bits of skin coming off? Is he shedding, or is that a natural behavior? I asked my ex girlfriend about it cause she has 3 dragons and is the reason I got mine, and she said he could not be eating cause he’s shedding, ending shed or a hibernation like state that these guys go in?

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3aljwp0v said:
Ok make sure you do good research on the bioactive there are people on this board that can help w/ that so please ask questions--- raising the basking temp will help w/ the digestion that could be why hes not eating along w/ the dehydration - work on that and see if that helps -- he should be eating at least 20 crickets / day if not more ----- w/ the soak and the drinking of water in the tank will help too - you can wash his greens before serving them so they have moisture -- is he eating those greens at all? Collards are good and will last longer than the mustard or turnip greens are good as well as they will last longer too- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie
After moving the log he is bobbing his head and basking with his mouth open is that good?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes that is normal--- shedding could slow him down on eating too-- but the undigested worm ? Did he throw it up or poop it out? Misting him or bathing will help w/ shedding too - I have been misting mine and it helps w/ the shed--
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3lape379 said:
Yes that is normal--- shedding could slow him down on eating too-- but the undigested worm ? Did he throw it up or poop it out? Misting him or bathing will help w/ shedding too - I have been misting mine and it helps w/ the shed--
Karrie
he pooped it out, he did the same with a small bit of a super worms this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom