Baby beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so that is a coil but from what I understand those coils are ok---- its the 13 watt coil that is not any good --- here is the info I have on the 26 watt bulb
The 26w version of the UVB150 is similar in output to a T8 tube when using a reflector. The beam isn't as wide (depending on the length of the tube) but the output strength is very similar. If it was sitting about 6-8'' above the main basking area then it was likely providing adequate UVB. It's the lower wattage (13w) versions that cause concern since they aren't strong enough to provide adequate UVB at a safe distance.
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The 26w 150 is OK. It has about the same output as a T8 so 6-8'' above the main basking area is a good height for the bulb. They don't have a very wide spread of UVB so they aren't ideal, but they aren't harmful from what I've seen. They are a decent option for a small enclosure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just keep an eye on his behavior --- if it starts to get funky again then I am going to say it might be this bulb but I have not encountered any one w/ this bulb yet -- its the 13 watt that I have had more encounters w/ --and they werent good
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":gkabfmwe said:
Just keep an eye on his behavior --- if it starts to get funky again then I am going to say it might be this bulb but I have not encountered any one w/ this bulb yet -- its the 13 watt that I have had more encounters w/ --and they werent good
Karrie
I took the little guy to the vet and he had a parasite I guess I now have a new baby dragon and tube uvb bulb and a ceramic heat emitter so there Isn’t too much uvb on him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did you get rid of the coil UVB? What tube is in there now? A heat emitter is good but you dont need it unless your tank is dropping below 60 at nite-- and what do you mean there isnt too much UVB on him?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom