BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Pic did come thru--- I am hoping AHBD or Tracie Drache613 respond to this soon
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look like there is some irritation going on. Are you able to reach the stuck worm? I would try to remove it if you think you can do so safely. Perhaps using a q-tip would help to fish it loose. If you can't reach it, then perhaps a visit to the vet would help. They have more tools at their disposal to help out with this sort of thing.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is Gregory breathing O.K or struggling ? Is there any evidence in the tank that he vomited ?

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
Hello everyone thank you for the responses. Gregory is doing well now. I took him to the vet. The vet said he had so much food in his mouth we don’t know why he was saving all that food. He had meal worms and greens in his throat and so the vet tried to get it all out but Gregory wouldn’t sit still so they had to sedate him and clean out his mouth. They also did blood tests so I hope everything comes back okay

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear they were able to get everything out. It's not good when they store food in their beards/throat for an extended period of time. I hope everything with the blood test turns out well. I would try offering food by hand for a little while so you can watch him eat it and regulate the amount and speed a bit more easily.

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
Greg threw up this morning and I received a call from the vet they said he has an infection and they are going to put him on antibiotics please pray for my greg I’m so worried ;(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Atleast you found out what was going on -- keep us posted and make sure you get a copy of the office visit for your records so you know what they put him on for future reference
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor thing, how is he doing today?
Do you have a copy of the blood test results you could post here or send to me to view?
Which antibiotics are you getting for him?
I hope he is feeling better soon. Since he isn't feeling 100%, try to keep him a little warmer
overnight, around 80 or so, to help boost his immune system right now.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor guy, has he been at the vets all this time ? Did they say what type of infection he has ? It just sounds like he had too many mealworms in one day and the pics of him showed an alert looking beardie. What type of set up do they have him in ? It may be best for a dragon to be resting at home in their own tank rather than a strange place with a bunch of different animals and him being in a small bare tank. It's really important to see what type of tank + lights they have him set up with.

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
Greg has been at home with his mom (me) I been keeping a close eye on him. The vet said that he thinks Greg has a bug because of the vomiting And because he has a lot of a yellow fluid in his stomach. I’m not sure about the antibiotic it was all on the phone and I was so stressed out when the vet called that a lot of what the vet said on the phone I didn’t catch. I had Greg for 8 years he’s been my buddy for so long I really want him to get better ;(

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
Greg has been at home with his mom (me) I been keeping a close eye on him. The vet said that he thinks Greg has a bug because of the vomiting And because he has a lot of a yellow fluid in his stomach. I’m not sure about the antibiotic it was all on the phone and I was so stressed out when the vet called that a lot of what the vet said on the phone I didn’t catch. I had Greg for 8 years he’s been my buddy for so long I really want him to get better ;( I plan to go into the vet again hopefully today and I’ll try to get a copy of the blood test

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor Greg,

Do let us see the test results and the antibiotic dose if you can. Hopefully Greg is on his way to recovery. I know it's scary but we are here for you to help guide you and support you :)

So you will be picking up the anti's today when you go back to the vet right? Or have you already given him some?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom