beardie having diarrhoea and weird colouration

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie had diarrhoea 3 times today and now he's displaying a weird combo of colours. his whole body is white/lightly coloured like he is when he's happy or hot and his beard is pitch black I've never seen it this dark. Help is there something i can do? is he dying?!
He did eat his superworms today and he did show normal behaviour like basking and movement in his tank.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The black beard along with the diarrhea is an alarming sign. How long has it been black?

Is there any way you can post up a picture of him and his setup for us?

Is there anyway he could have eaten something he shouldn't have? Has he been outside his tank at all?

What are your basking surface temp and cool side temp at?
What bulb are you using for UVB?

When was the last time he poo'd before this?

Hopefully we can come to some sort of conclusion based on your answers, but it might be a good idea to look into scheduling a vet appointment if you haven't yet.

-Brandon

maggie2311

Original Poster
Hopefully we can come to some sort of conclusion based on your answers, but it might be a good idea to look into scheduling a vet appointment if you haven't yet.
it's been black for about 15 minutes.
there's no way he ate something wrong i rarely take him out because i dont have time, and when i do i watch him really carefully.
i dont knoow the exact temperatures of his cage or remember the uvb lamp's name.
last time he pooped before the diarrhoe started last night was 2 days ago and the stool was good

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok,

Well that's good it's only been 15 minutes. I was under the impression from your first post that it had been black for awhile.

How old is he? He is your only dragon correct?

I strongly suggest you go and test your temperatures. The temperatures would directly relate to diarrhea as improper temps will make it so your dragon can't properly digest.
Make sure you are using a digital with probe end, or an IR thermometer. And then get back to us on the two temps I asked for.

Temperatures are the most important part of a dragons health, so you need to know them and need to know that they are proper. Otherwise, health issues like this can start to arise.
But it's good he didn't get out and eat something, that makes this a much better situation.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would consider getting a fecal done to see what could be going on with him.
If this just suddenly came up then maybe something he ate didn't sit well with him or he ate
something toxic.
Can you review your tank setup with us so we can be sure everything is correct for him.
Let us know how he is doing. If you can post a few pictures that would be helpful, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom