Beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnhall1

hello, i have an almost 1 year old beardie, i fed him on crickets till he was about 1 1/2 months old and since feeding him mealworms and superworms, occasionally wax worms, however he has all of a sudden (for about a month) generally stopped eating, every now and then he eats an offered super or two, he has all correct lighting and viv requirements (confirmed by you) he also doesnt poop in his vivarium, only in a bath, no red or any other colour than normal (slight green brown and white bit on the end) he also is acting weird as he isnt really basking and spends majority of his time in his hide, i just force fed him 2 supers as he hasnt eaten in about a week so im getting really worried and wonder if anyone can help me!!?!?! Thank you :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he may be slowing down for brumation. Keep track of his weight and if that is staying pretty stable, then he is probably fine and will just eat less and be sleepy for a little while. Once he comes back out of it (this could be weeks or months, it depends) you may want to consider a lower fat diet for him as he becomes an adult. Try to focus on getting him into eating mostly veges with only the occasional live feeder (one or two meals per week while having salads daily).

Finnhall1

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3ltytyjq said:
It sounds like he may be slowing down for brumation. Keep track of his weight and if that is staying pretty stable, then he is probably fine and will just eat less and be sleepy for a little while. Once he comes back out of it (this could be weeks or months, it depends) you may want to consider a lower fat diet for him as he becomes an adult. Try to focus on getting him into eating mostly veges with only the occasional live feeder (one or two meals per week while having salads daily).
His weights gone down like 10 grams is this worrying? He is still like 250 i think however this is 10 grams from like mid august

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's not a very big drop (a poop could account for that). Keep track of it though and watch how it's trending over time. While there will be spikes and drops, the trend should be pretty constant.

Finnhall1":30gs2mln said:
hello, i have an almost 1 year old beardie, i fed him on crickets till he was about 1 1/2 months old and since feeding him mealworms and superworms, occasionally wax worms, however he has all of a sudden (for about a month) generally stopped eating, every now and then he eats an offered super or two, he has all correct lighting and viv requirements (confirmed by you) he also doesnt poop in his vivarium, only in a bath, no red or any other colour than normal (slight green brown and white bit on the end) he also is acting weird as he isnt really basking and spends majority of his time in his hide, i just force fed him 2 supers as he hasnt eaten in about a week so im getting really worried and wonder if anyone can help me!!?!?! Thank you :)

Hello,
It sounds like we have similar problems. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=251416 Did you have a blood test done? Did his tongue change white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom