Swallowed plastic item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamiam214

Hi all, I am looking for a quick answer so I decide to go to the vet or not. I have a five month old bearded dragon, he is 15 and a half inches long. His name is Buster and it is fitting, as he was out of his cage and somehow found the only spare thing on the ground in sight, a small plastic piece from a shirt tag. Before I could get it out of his mouth he had chewed and swollen the item. Should I take him to the vet to some how get this out? It was much smaller than his mouth and body, very small, but I am guessing it had sharp edges. I gave him olive oil and he just pooped but I didn't notice the item. Is he going to be okay?
Sincerely,
A worried mama

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

He most likely will pass it just fine. Was it just the little plastic string thing that holds tags on? Or a plastic hook?

Plastic doesnt really show up in xrays, so all a vet could do would be exploratory surgery which would be extremely risky in and of itself.

They usually pass these things just fine :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom