Weird Scab On Lip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drogon seems to have developed some sort of, what appears to be a scab? on his lip. Now, i'm not sure if it's a scab or mouth rot, and i'm concerned. I can't get to the vet at the moment, and was hoping anyone here might be able to judge it better. It's not sticky, so I don't think it's mucus, he doesn't seem but it seems to irritate him from time to time as I see him trying to rub his mouth against his rocks.

Here's some pictures, I can't get him to open his mouth though
full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ah poor guy, it may actually be mouth rot. Is he still eating ? You can use 2 things while waiting for a vet appt. Get some betadine + mix with water to the color of iced tea + dab that on. Then when it dries put some raw unpasteurized honey on it , it's a great antimicrobial. Just be sure there are no stray insects in the tank to bite at his mouth. Crickets can hide + then come out at night to nibble.

DaenerysDrogon

Original Poster
This might be a dumb question, but does it matter what form the betadine is in? Like, spray, cream, or solution? and, it's safe to put on his mouth?
He seems to be eating fine, I always make sure to scope his cage for crickets when I see them gone after giving him some, and before bed in case I missed any. Thanks for replying, by the way.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Always best to ask so no worries ! The liquid, never the spray. Dilute it with water + dab it. Then use honey which can also be diluted with a tiny bit of warm water or full strength. Google honey as an antibacterial or honey as medicine, it's amazing and I've used it on my own dragon's infected eye with quick results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom