WORRIED BEARDIE MOMMY

Status
Not open for further replies.
105998-7072158344.jpg
105998-9316409765.jpg
So I’ve had my baby bearded dragon for about two weeks now and I’ve yet to see him shed. He started to shed near his mouth and I’ve just noticed a yellow tint on his nose. It seems rather symmetrical but when I googled it I came across yellow fungus which scared me quite a bit. I’m not sure if his color is varied because this is new skin from shedding or this is an issue that I need a vets help. More experienced owners pls help! I love this little guy and I want to make sure he’s alright!

Krissy1200

Original Poster
He’s eating just fine and not acting any different. Very active and very sweet this color change is just very worrying :(

Krissy1200

Original Poster
I’m having issues figuring out how to upload more pictures to be able to post them the link is working quite right! I set up the tank according to the list on this forum and he has a UVB T5 repti-sun light that is always at least 6 inches away from him, a 150 watt basking light and a ceramic no light emitting heat bulb for at night. This is all set up in a 75 gallon tank that is only for him! The temperature gradient ranges from 100-70 degrees during the day and 85-70 at night. He has a branch for basking a shallow dish for soaking and a hammock for lounging. I wish I could post a picture for your critique! Thank you for answering I was very worried when my first google search resulted in yellow fungus! I still have a lot to learn but you have eased my nerves quite a bit thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Definitely not yellow fungus, don't worry! :mrgreen:

Krissy1200":2t55x619 said:
T5 repti-sun light that is always at least 6 inches away from him
That's much too close for the t5 light. That's an ok distance for the t8 version, but only at the basking surface. It should be further away at all other areas in the tank.

the T5 (if using a reflector and not on top of the screen) should be around 12 inches from the basking site. And assumingly, your basking site is at least a few inches above the floor of the tank. Which allows for a proper uv gradient throughout the tank, and areas where he can escape the rays on the cool end.

-Brandon

Krissy1200

Original Poster
105998-3266052040.jpg
This is my enclosure for him featuring my beautiful baby! Pls critique as you guys think I’m just a newbie so I’d love to know

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So it all looks good, but one suggestion would be to move the uvb bulb over to the right side of the tank. That way it is in the same area as your basking site. This provides the highest levels of heat and UV at the same spot, which is what you want. From there, a temp and UV gradient down to the cool end.

Are you sure that's the t5 and not the t8? If it is the t5, just make sure its around 6-8 inches away from his basking site. Since it has no reflector (which doubles the uv output essentially) it can be closer than the 12-15 inches that is typically recommended.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No worries, there is definitely no yellow fungus there, it is just his natural coloring. He is
very cute, too.
So you have a T5 Reptisun tube bulb? I would also try to get it mounted inside of a good
light fixture too, all of the way to the end directly beside your basking bulb. That is perfectly
fine to have it mounted inside of the tank, within a 10-12 inch distance from your dragon.
Placing it in a light fixture above his head will help to direct the UVB directly downward onto
him instead of allowing the UVB to refract out & away from your dragon.
I hope he is eating well & adjusting to his new life with you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom