Sore-looking cloaca! Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commissaar

Hi all,

I have a beardie, she's about 2 years old. Otherwise healthy. Set up has been detailed in previous posts but I'm using a long viv with a t5 as well as a mercury bulb for basking. Diet is veggies (manly pak/bok choi staple) with morios, dubias and occasionally wax worms or fruit beetle grubs as a treat.

Recently she's been constipated, I've had to give her more baths than usual where she usually then poops in the water, but there's a lot of poop. Poops look healthy, just huge like she's had a lot backed up.

Recently when she pooped today I noticed a big mark on her cloaca that looks painful. It's not too noticeable but it does look like a patch that's concerning. It's more prominent after she's pooped.
Wondering if this is just due to constipation? I will take her to the vet for checkup very soon regardless, but is it an emergency?

Cannot imbed images for some reason, please check below
https://imgur.com/a/ruJ5pCI

Thanks for all your help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look like pink or swollen tissue the way it would if this was a prolapse so that's probably good news. It could just be something a bit stuck during a poop. I see this happen sometimes if a strand of hair is eaten. It looks like a dried piece of worm or something - I'm not certain what it is. I would offer plenty of water to keep her hydrated and reduce strain during pooping. Hopefully that will just come free during the next poop.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see anything wrong at all. Sometimes there's a bit of tissue exposed as the poo but that's normal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I think her hiney looks fine, it isn't raw at all. Sometimes that area can remain a bit
open at times, after they go to the bathroom, but quickly go back to normal.
There definitely isn't any evidence of a prolapse though.

Tracie

Commissaar

Original Poster
Thanks everyone it passed with another poop. Thought it might have been a sore but I think it was a bit of shell or something!

I panic over these things only because I love her xD

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear, she is all back to normal now. :D I figured it wasn't anything to worry
about. It is hard not to worry about them!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom