8y/o possibly gravid/egg bound???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmaki

I’ve just recently taken over care of Lady, who is around 8 years old.

Here’s some background: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251007

She’s had some lumps in her under side since I got her so I expected her to lay eggs at some point. Today I let her stay in her tank most of the day and got her out for some interactive time later in the day, when she’s usually out periodically. When I held her in my hand I immediately noticed that her abdomen is very soft and squishy, much plumper than usual. Then I noticed that this applies to her whole body. She has been sleeping all day, has been refusing almost all food for two or three days, and when I bathed her last night I noticed her cloaca was slightly open and tiny bits of tissue were washing out.

I don’t know what to think as it’s my first beardie but I’m worried about the swelling and inactivity, please help!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am concerned with Lady, with your description, absolutely. Can you get her to the vets
possibly? Is her beard darkened right now?
Based on her history & the high plausability of metabolic bone disease, she is most likely
having some trouble because she is low in calcium & may have weak muscles. If she has
a lot of fluid retention, that is concerning I agree.
For now, try to keep her comfortable & warm overnight. Are her pads sunken down any?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Asmaki

Original Poster
Drache613":1mabzk5m said:
Hello,

I am concerned with Lady, with your description, absolutely. Can you get her to the vets
possibly? Is her beard darkened right now?
Based on her history & the high plausability of metabolic bone disease, she is most likely
having some trouble because she is low in calcium & may have weak muscles. If she has
a lot of fluid retention, that is concerning I agree.
For now, try to keep her comfortable & warm overnight. Are her pads sunken down any?

Tracie

After having baths every other day and switching her to black soldier fly larvae she has been much more active and well hydrated. She only seems to darken when in her tank, but is a happy yellow when I’m holding her or letting her lay on the bed. I noticed just yesterday that she started glass surfing. She’s not super noticeably swollen if you weren’t very familiar with her typical state, and her actual bone structure is sturdy, she just feels like she’s retaining water possibly?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So how is Lady doing this evening? Is her beard dark or normal colored?
That's good to hear she is eating a little bit. I would say though, if she's still somewhat
bloated, it would probably be a good idea to take her into the vet if you can, for a checkup
just to be sure nothing is going on.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am wondering how Lady is doing, any changes so far?
Please update us on her when you can.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom