Vomiting after over eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is 2 years old, and due to a recent issue with his heat lamp, I didn’t feed him for a day and a half. This isn’t unusual for him, as he usually goes a day without eating because he’s an adult. However, I fed him Morio worms yesterday, and he ate almost an entire box of them, which is very unlike him- he usually only manages a couple at a time. He also had some waxworms too. I let him eat as much as he wanted in about 15 minutes, thinking he was just hungry. But today I woke up and there’s something in his tank beneath his poop. I thought maybe it could be vomit?? But I’m not sure- I’ve never owned a beardie before. After he ate yesterday, his stomach felt a little swollen when I put him back into his tank, and then he spent the rest of the night not really moving too much. Is it possible he’s eaten too much?

He is preparing to shed around his face and I think also on his tail too- he had a bath yesterday as well. I checked on him this morning and he seems fine, with a nice orange beard with no traces of black.

105609-7104702946.jpg
105609-1186324684.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure he will be fine. But it's a good idea not to allow them to gorge themselves when they've been without food. It can definitely cause their systems to get upset and throw up.

At 2 years old his feeders should be limited anyways as his main diet should be greens and vegies at this point.

Anyways, he should be just fine as long as temps are good. :)

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is pretty normal, if they eat too much, or eat too close to lights out for the day & don't
quite get their food digested very well before going to bed.
How is he doing today?
I would be sure to give him at least an hour & a half or so, before lights out for his bedtime
to digest any foods given.
Plus, too many waxworms might be a little too fatty for him if too many were eaten.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom