My Baby is acting odd and I’m very concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbecky

My 2 month old baby, Blue, was fine when I left for work this morning, she ate, she was running around, but when I came home I found her keeping her eyes closed unless there was a loud noise, or I picked her up. Even then she keeps one open longer than the other and then returns to the eyes closed position. Should I be worried or am I being a paranoid mom?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If that's unusual behavior for her, it's good that you noted it and asked about it. Can you provide details about her setup? If you can post some photos of her and her enclosure that might be helpful as well. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Hasbecky

Original Poster
105847-1399950274.jpg
105847-4236068921.jpg
She has a water bowl no deeper than her shoulder, a basking rock, a uvb and heat bulb, a cooler rock and a food bowl. Generally, shes either basking on the rock, or running around a lot. Today however, she is sitting in the sand with her eyes closed. She ate normally this morning, and she pooped fine yesterday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks healthy in the photos. Possibly just an off day. I do wonder if maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her. It's good that she pooped yesterday. If she ate some of the sand it could cause blockages which is not good. Which bulb (brand/wattage) are you using for basking and UVB? What are the surface temps on top of the basking rock? The temps and UVB exposure have a direct effect on digestion and overall health so it's good to get that just right.

Hasbecky

Original Poster
The rocks temp is 95 degrees F currently, the bulb brand is exoterra and the wattage is 160

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
160w Solar Glo is fairly powerful. How far is it above the rock? It may be producing too much UVB (and not quite enough heat). It might be best to switch to separate UVB and heat bulbs so you can control them independently. I can help you find a good fit if you'd like. In the meantime you might want to try raising the Solar Glo a little bit and maybe adding a regular household incandescent to try and raise the surface temp of the rock to around 100-105 or so. Be sure to measure with a digital thermometer by putting the probe right on the rock surface to get the most accurate readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom