Help! Suspected impaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyC

I'm new to owning reptiles, and I recently got a rankin dragon. He's a couple of months old. I think he may be impacted. He's still pooping but only a little (not like he normally would). He's still hungry for his food, but he's not basking like usual.
I had to feed him meal worms (I know I shouldn't have but they were the only food I had for him and it was only for 1 day. He was fine before that and I haven't changed anything in his tank), I don't know what I should do. Should I still feed him or give him water? Should I be worried?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If hes still pooing hes at least not fully impacted. If temperatures are proper, appropriately sized mealworms should cause an issue.

I'd just keep feeding him normally. He likely is just fine.
Is it just the smaller poos that are worrying you? Or is he acting strange?

-Brandon

MikeyC

Original Poster
claudiusx":ko50ri4q said:
If hes still pooing hes at least not fully impacted. If temperatures are proper, appropriately sized mealworms should cause an issue.

I'd just keep feeding him normally. He likely is just fine.
Is it just the smaller poos that are worrying you? Or is he acting strange?

-Brandon
I forgot to mention I also noticed there was a small patch of mucousy like substance in his water dish ( it was smaller than a 1cent coin and it hasn't happened today). combining that with the smaller poop and he's now hiding instead of basking, I got a little worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom