Acting super weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be over reacting but I’m kinda freaking out. We were gone for the weekend and my mother fed her while we were gone. In the middle of the night we were woken up because she was running at one specific corner of her cage so wildly at 4am. This is so weird for her and when I tried to grab her she jumped. She feels cold but her lights are off so that’s not odd. We’re trying to have her sleep on one of our chests and she’s just refusing to sit still. I have never seen her act like this before, her beard isn’t black, but I’m still worried.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is she? Do you think she is w/ eggs? Has she been digging at all? Is there a night light in the tank that is producing light - colored bulb? Please post pics of tank and lighting so we can see what might be the issue https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ clickm on XIMG to post pics
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Something might have simply spooked her.

Maybe a noise?
Or a bad dream about a bird? :laughing6:

It doesn't sound like anything serious to me. They can freak out at times for no good reason just like us humans can ;)

-Brandon

princesslttlepddles

Original Poster
Sorry I meant to clarify in my post as I normally do, she isn’t actually a girl we just misgenedered her as a baby and haven’t stopped calling her a girl she’s a boy. She also doesn’t have a night heat lamp at all. We keep our house at a steady 72 degrees, so at night all her lights go off and that hasn’t ever been an issue. She hasn’t ever dug either. Her heat lamp did go out the other day and so we put in our backup bulb until we were able to get a new one and we are thinking she might have just been cold and mad at us for changing her bulb. She normally has a 100 watt and our backup is 70. We just went and got her a new bulb so we’re gonna see how she does tonight. She’s about 3 btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom