Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys can someone help?! My beardie was just sitting on my shoulder and all of a sudden he fell, it was into hard wooden flooring and he made quite a sound. I offered him a mealworm and he ate it. Do you guys think he will be okay?!? I am really worried! ??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a fall indeed. How did he land, on his back or straight on his tummy?
He landed on a hard wooden floor? How big is he & what is his age?
I would definitely watch for decreased activity, more lethargic behavior with less appetite,
limping, etc along with a gray to black beard which could indicate stress & or pain.
If he starts exhibiting anything out of the ordinary you might consider taking him into the
vets for an x-ray to see if he injured himself.
Hopefully, he will just be perfectly fine!

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I think a quick examination by the local reptile vet is in order, include xrays.

Bearded dragons are very good at hiding it when they are injured / sick.

NO MORE SHOULDER SURFING for your dragon, if he is not injured, you should go and buy a lottery ticket as you and he have dodged a bullet.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Only time I allow my skinks and dragons on my shoulder are when I'm sitting on the bed or my lounge , if they fall off , it's not far and a soft landing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening? Any behavioral changes thus far?
I hope he is doing well.

Tracie

Dragongirl14

Original Poster
He seems to be all good. He is eating almost everything I am offering him. He was running round on the ground when I put him down in the lounge. He has had a bit of a black beard but he is also shedding and it usually goes black when he sheds. He weighs about 180grams and is around 8 weeks old. He doesn’t should surf unless I am sitting down, what happened was he was in my hand and and got a fright and when running up my arm onto my shoulder and fell. He fell onto his tummy/hands and feet. I have been closely monitoring him, and I will carry on over the next few days. I will keep you guys posted on how he is doing ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he is active & running around right now.
Yes, most do get grouchy somewhat when they are shedding. He is a sizeable dragon for an
8 week old, did you mean 8 months old at 180 grams?
Post some pictures of him also so we can see him.

Tracie

Dragongirl14

Original Poster
Oops I got that wrong, he is 4 months old and weighs 145grams. Haha that would be one massive dragon if he was 8 weeks and 180grams ?. I will definitely put a pic up, I’m not to sure how to tho... ??
He has an Instagram account tho it is @ChemmyTheBeardie.
If you tell me how to put pics up definitely will ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom