Hatchling stomach inside out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously don't think there is much I can do for my hatchling, but does anyone know what this is called? Why it happens? And what I could do to prevent It? And if there is any way I could help the poor baby let me know ):

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just an issue happened in development. Nothing you can do it happens occasionally.
Did the rest of the clutch come out fine?

-Brandon

jakeredd2002

Original Poster
Only 2 out of 14 hatched and survided. It was my first time trying to incubate eggs. But the other clutches I have in there are looking better than the first luckily

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you know why you had such a poor hatch rate? Bad temps or humidity? Or something else.

-Brandon

jakeredd2002

Original Poster
I feel like it was the way I set the first clutch up, I didn't read enough and basically had the idea "Dont move the eggs from how she laid them or they will die." Turns out it's better to move them to have the ring of life up, started to do that and keep the vermiculite moist and they stay plump now and grow. So now I'm just trying to see every time I mess up, what I could do better

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry about your babies. Can you post pics of the belly ? Is it possibly a huge yolk sac ? Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

BTW, I don't think it was how you had them positioned caused their death, I never paid attention to how mine were placed and I had nearly 100 % hatch rate for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom