Does this look like yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh25637

Found earlier on my new.beardie i keep the cage clean and it has proper heating and lighting. The beardie is only around 4 months old got at pet smart on June 4th never noticed and yellow here when i first got it or anytime until recently this is the only area that is yellow and it is like there is a bump in the middle of the yellow that is sensitive. Pics included in link. https://imgur.com/a/g0QqMp9

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Based on the picture, it doesn't appear to be yellow fungus. It looks like some older dry
shed that hasn't come off yet.
I would just keep an eye on that area, to be sure it sheds off but, it just looks like some
old dry shed.
How is he eating, is he active?

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh I was going to say I thought it did look like yellow fungus. I'm on my phone so it might be harder for me to see. Could you post up a few more pics perhaps?
Tracie really knows her stuff though. If you have other pics though, it wouldn't hurt to post them.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks a bit odd but don't think it's fungal. I would keep an eye on it to be sure it sheds off
properly.

Tracie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Drache613":pv7nmigh said:
Hello,

It looks a bit odd but don't think it's fungal. I would keep an eye on it to be sure it sheds off
properly.

Tracie

Hi Tracie! For future reference, can you describe how this looks different than YF or why your opinion is that it's just stuck shed? It might help others down the road, so might as well tap your expertise!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think it's a possibility of being either Y.F. or stuck shed. The best course of action is too apply some Lamisil antifungal cream , if it's fungal the cream will help . If it's just thick shed the cream will also help by loosening it. This way a;ll your bases are covered and you would avoid giving him a bath which could make Y.F. spread it that's what it is.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Stuck shed usually doesn't appear waxy in nature & once it sheds off it reveals healthy new
skin/scales underneath. Yellow fungus usually yields more of a brighter yellow with a strange
waxy look & feel to it.
Sometimes, it is very hard to determine just by looking at it.
You can definitely be proactive by using an anti-fungal cream on it such as lamisil or monistat
just in case. Let us know how things look once that area sheds off.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom