Swollen nostril & clear eye discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devynb49

I checked in on my bearded dragon this afternoon and noticed one of his nostrils (the left one) was whitish and slightly swollen. On further examination I also saw clear discharge that seemed to be coming from his left eye. He hasn’t been opening his left eye as wide as the right for the past day or so, from what I’ve been able to observe. I’ve been furiously searching the Internet and can’t find anything that might seem relevant to what’s going on. He’s older, but we don’t know his exact age, and from what I know hasn’t had any health issues up until this point. (He’s lived with two other people before coming to me and I can’t definitively confirm his medical history) If anyone has any information at all I would love some help.

IMG%5D

full

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
That looks very sore .

I repeat - this needs to be examined by a reptile vet and I will add now I've scene the dragon, ASAP.

I think the dragon has a very bad infection in the nose and it's spreading to the eyesocket . Is very likely systemic ( in the blood too ).
This is well past home remedies and needs powerful vet prescribed antibiotics, perhaps surgery to debride the dead and dying infected tissues.

This has taken a while to get like this, wont have happened overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom