Baby Bearded very sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just purchased a baby bearded dragon at a reptile show. He's smaller than I would have liked to normally purchase maybe only 3-4 inches. He was eating the first day a few small dubia roaches and a few mealworms. He only ate the one time and then I figured he was probably adjusting to his new environment. But yesterday he didn't eat at all and has been acting very lethargic. I started giving him baths a few times a day to make sure he is staying hydrated. Yesterday in his baths he was drooping his head like he was having a hard time keeping it up. He also hasn't been opening his eyes very much. He'll open them for a second but then closes them right away. He doesn't move around very much and tends to stay where ever I put him after his bath. I have had him for a total of 2.5 days. Here is the setup details. Please let me know what I might be able to do to get him through this. I've read that maybe some pedialyte and baby food could perk him up?

40br vivarium 36x18x20
paper towel as substrate for now
UVB 10.0 reptisun - 18" florecent
Basking area 105-110 degrees under 100 watt Exo-Terra basking bulb. (measured with a temp gun)
Other side of the tank about 80 degrees

Dogstar5988

Original Poster
I got him to drink some flavorless pedialyte and gave him another bath. This time he seemed dizzy. Like he had vertigo. He started turning his head and you could see his eyes going from side to side like the world was spinning for him. He stumbled around for a few min and then seemed to regain his senses. It seems to be getting worse despite the baths.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That does not sound good -- a trip to the vet is what I would suggest--- some other medical experts on the forum would need to weigh in on this
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom