Beardie very lethargic/not moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vineydragon

My bearded dragon is about 2 years old and for the past 2 days she hasnt moved...she decided to lay down and has been laying in the same spot then sleeping ever since. Im very worried because i dont know whats wrong and i tried feeding her but she wont eat. Please send advice on what to do. Im very new to this but ive been feeding her/misting her everyday. I also have a bowl of water for her next to her food bowl. I feed her by hand when i see she isnt eating.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of the tank and lighting --- it is my guess it has something to do w/ the lighting --
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
First test , get her out and see if she's still alive.
Easiest tests are she will not be stiff as a board , and at the same time not totally limp and there should be signs of breathing.
You can also test by momentarily placing her on her back, if she's alive and still strong enough she will try to right herself , or at least show she's liking being on her back.

Then report back.

Vineydragon

Original Poster
Edit: so i got her out and she is breathing and alive, she was very dark in color though and felt cold. Today is a hot, sunny day so i took her outside for quite a bit and she began to move again and perked up quite a bit. I have her inside now and am going to bathe her. I have a 100watt heat lamp for her with 2 uvb bulbs. Is her heat lamp too low and the cause of this? If so what kind of bulb should i get?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Pics of tank and lighting please so we can help
Brand and bulb of UVB
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Vineydragon":1rkj09du said:
Edit: so i got her out and she is breathing and alive, she was very dark in color though and felt cold. Today is a hot, sunny day so i took her outside for quite a bit and she began to move again and perked up quite a bit. I have her inside now and am going to bathe her. I have a 100watt heat lamp for her with 2 uvb bulbs. Is her heat lamp too low and the cause of this? If so what kind of bulb should i get?

Tell us the dimension of her tank
ie L x H x W

Tell us exactly what kind of heat globes for basking you have .
Brand, type, colour, wattage, how they are installed ( show us a photo of the setup ).

UV is what EXACTLY
BRAND, type ( curly compact ) , wattage , % UVB, how it's mounted and in what and where and how far from the basking spot.

How are you measuring the tank temperatures (show us what you are using) ?
basking spot temperature ?
Warm zone temperature ?
cool zone temperature ?

Season where you are ( winter or summer ? )

Room temperature during the day ? over night ?

Guidence here : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=249112

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please post pics of tank and lighting --------------------- so we can help----
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom