Stuck shed HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vxvi

My beardie croc has had stuck shed for about a week now and it won’t come off with warm baths or coconut oil and I’m afraid it’s started to make the scales underneath rot. Please anyone help

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's very unlikely to make the scales rot. Adults tend to take much longer to shed since they aren't growing as quickly anymore. Can you post a picture?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks more like just a stain than anything. When my girl moro lays in her poo her belly looks like that until she sheds it off lol! Either way, you don't need to be concerned about it :mrgreen:

-Brandon

SPandS

Juvie Member
It looks like a shed to me, I think I can see the clear tips of the shed coming off the new scales underneath. Give it some more time and it should come off by itself. It doesn't look like it's causing any issues right now.

MissT

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":3lkr1yvg said:
It looks more like just a stain than anything. When my girl moro lays in her poo her belly looks like that until she sheds it off lol! Either way, you don't need to be concerned about it :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Yep... looks like someone likes to adventure through their poop haha!
Phoebe belly looks like this most of the time... she also likes to lay in her salad so she is permanently stained with salad or poop! Glorious!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's a harmless, uneven dirty shed that will come off when it's ready. Very common + no problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom