Parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Earlier this month my dragon was having issues with his poop where is was all liquidy and the people in here said it might be parasites but he didn’t seem sick at all and was acting fine. His poop fixed it’s self and is currently pretty much back to normal except that he just pooped and I found what seemed to be two little worms in his poop. They don’t seem to be alive tho.
103403-2370675863.jpg
There is most likely more but I don’t want to dig around in his poop to find any lol but I am concerned about him. He has been acting healthy and happy to entire time and I haven’t noticed any changes to his demeanor at all. He’s been alert and eating well. He’s been active and happy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Worms? Is it something you fed him? What are you feeding him ?
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The bugs he mainly eats are crickets but has a few meal worms as a treat sometimes but not very often, I’ve never seen them in his poop before And he’s eaten crickets the entire time I’ve had him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am not sure -- I will let Brandon or Cooperdragon comment on this --- it is awful dark--- usually an excess amount of parasites will effect his eating so w/ him eating and acting normal I would just keep an eye on his poop and see if it was just a one time thing
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As far as I know, the parasites these guys tend to get are microscopic. That makes me think what you're seeing is something that was ingested.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
CooperDragon":3t7vts1z said:
As far as I know, the parasites these guys tend to get are microscopic. That makes me think what you're seeing is something that was ingested.

Agreed. You wouldn't typically see parasites in the poo.
I am glad his poo has formed back up! You should update your other thread too just incase someone ever searches for this issue, they will see that your's had a good ending. :D

Ps, kudos on taking such a crisp clear shot lol.

-Braandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom