Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello! So recently I have started to add superworms to my dragons diet now he won’t eat crickets anymore and has been pooping a lot and the poop has looked kinda dry. Can someone help me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like hes dehydrated and he is now addicted to super worms! I would lay off the super worms -- how old is he? Get some dubia roaches --- variety of insects is good --- maybe some BSFL--- they can be ordered off the internet --- the BSFL are small and can be fed as a feeder but you would need alot of them --- the dubias are a wonderful feeder and easy to keep and they dont stink like crickets-- hes probably tired of them I am guessing --- the dehydration you can try dripping some water on his nose to see if he will lick it off -- is he eating greens? You can wash your greens mustard collard turnip etc before serving and he will get moisture from there as well as bathing--- you can do that too and he may drink from the bath -- if he is thirsty dont let him over do it --- sometimes they will over drink -- so if you see him really going at it slow him down and pull him --
Karrie

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
What is bsfl? And I tried dubbies he refused to eat them. How can I wean him off them until I get the other bug? Also he is a little over 10 moths old. And I offer him salad he just doesn’t seem to wanna eat it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Black soldier fly larvea-- they are a good calcium bug feeder--- I am sorry he wont eat dubias --- some dont --- visit this website for the BSFL--https://symtonbsf.com/--- at 10 months old they tend to eat very few greens as the bugs are his main diet --- mine is 18 months at the end of this month and he still wont eat greens or at least very few even tho I feed him those every day -- and I have cut down on the bugs to 2-3 times per week -- he is just stubborn---- you can also try www.dubiaroaches.com - they have 500 larvea for $9 plus shipping and you can also order other worms like butter worms silk worms horn worms which grow very fast and are a good hydration worm ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom