beardie ate a bee is he gonna be ok?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

beardie ate a bee is he gonna be ok?

Postby Gingerofthenight » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:31 am

I took my beardie mushu out for a walk and a bee flew by and he snatched it up and ate it before i could even blink. He had swallowed it before i could evem try to get it out of his mouth. He is about 10 months old and 18 inches long and It was one of those smaller bees that are kinda brownish. He is acting pretty normal and does not seem to be in pain or distressed as of right now, but he has been licking his lips a little bit. Right now he is sitting on my leg while i am frantically researching I don't have the money to take him to the vet unless its life or death and even then i still dont have it.
Gingerofthenight
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: beardie ate a bee is he gonna be ok?

Postby claudiusx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:41 am

They usually do quite fine with bees! This has come up a couple times this month actually and everyone who has shared their experiences has said their dragons had no issues. So you should be just fine :D
If he starts to act lethargic or anything, let us know. But I really don't think you need to worry :)

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 am

My guy has done that a few times and been fine. I think they are so quick it doesn't give the bee time to react. Getting stung is still a risk so I don't advise allowing it if you can help it, but if he isn't showing signs of a problem by now he will likely be OK.
CooperDragon

Postby Drache613 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:13 am

Hello,

They are so fast when that happens! There have been several cases here lately with
dragons eating bees!
I agree, if he hasn't had a reaction yet, he probably isn't going to. Be sure he is well hydrated
to help flush toxins out. Do you have any activated charcoal? You could give a few small
doses of that to help flush toxins out, too.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER