beardie ate a bee is he gonna be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my beardie mushu out for a walk and a bee flew by and he snatched it up and ate it before i could even blink. He had swallowed it before i could evem try to get it out of his mouth. He is about 10 months old and 18 inches long and It was one of those smaller bees that are kinda brownish. He is acting pretty normal and does not seem to be in pain or distressed as of right now, but he has been licking his lips a little bit. Right now he is sitting on my leg while i am frantically researching I don't have the money to take him to the vet unless its life or death and even then i still dont have it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They usually do quite fine with bees! This has come up a couple times this month actually and everyone who has shared their experiences has said their dragons had no issues. So you should be just fine :D
If he starts to act lethargic or anything, let us know. But I really don't think you need to worry :)

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guy has done that a few times and been fine. I think they are so quick it doesn't give the bee time to react. Getting stung is still a risk so I don't advise allowing it if you can help it, but if he isn't showing signs of a problem by now he will likely be OK.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They are so fast when that happens! There have been several cases here lately with
dragons eating bees!
I agree, if he hasn't had a reaction yet, he probably isn't going to. Be sure he is well hydrated
to help flush toxins out. Do you have any activated charcoal? You could give a few small
doses of that to help flush toxins out, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom