Baby Beardie not eating

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Baby Beardie not eating

Postby claudiusx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 am

kingofnobbys wrote:I wouldn't mess about with Zoo Med or Exo Terra tubes , Arcadia tubes are the bee's knees and come with a better warantee than all others

Zoomed bulbs are fantastic. When is the last time you've ever heard of someone filling a warranty claim on a zoomed or arcadia bulb? They both put out excellent uv.

If you can find your bulb at the petstore, all the better. That way you don't need to wait for it to ship. And, you can pick up your thermometer while you are there too. Personally, I'm not so antisocial that I feel the need to avoid "know-nothings" or find parking a hassle lol..

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 am

claudiusx wrote:
kingofnobbys wrote:I wouldn't mess about with Zoo Med or Exo Terra tubes , Arcadia tubes are the bee's knees and come with a better warantee than all others

Zoomed bulbs are fantastic. When is the last time you've ever heard of someone filling a warranty claim on a zoomed or arcadia bulb? They both put out excellent uv.

If you can find your bulb at the petstore, all the better. That way you don't need to wait for it to ship. And, you can pick up your thermometer while you are there too. Personally, I'm not so antisocial that I feel the need to avoid "know-nothings" or find parking a hassle lol..

-Brandon

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236122&p=1815225#p1815225 on this board from not so long ago.
people had a tough time getting their warrantees honored by Zoo Med and their retailers too.

I've seen NO evidence that the cause (change in the makeup of the phosphors to cut costs) has been rectified since.
I'd be very wary of Zoo Med T5ho UVB tubes as a consequence , this therefore leaves only Arcadia Reptile T5HO UVB tubes as a reliable option and they DO offer a much better warrantee and are guaranteed to be good for much longer.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby claudiusx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 am

kingofnobbys wrote:There's a whole thread about it on this board from not so long ago.

Please provide the link. I've never seen anyone on this board ever complain about a reptisun being defective. And even if so, 1 after 10 years on this board isn't too shabby.
No need to bash a good bulb simply because you prefer one better. Lots of good choices in this hobby.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:03 am

The ReptiSun T5 bulbs were problematic a couple of years ago. It was a small batch affected with gold caps as I recall. I tested some of them, as did others, and determined that some were providing lower than usual output. The ones I've tested recently have shown expected output. I feel that ReptiSun T5 bulbs are a good option to recommend at this point. Let's please keep the focus on simply finding appropriate and improved lighting for OP.
------------------------

This is my favorite combo and what I use http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

This is also a good option: https://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/ with bulb https://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/arcadia-d3-12-uvb-t5-bulb-22/

This is also a good set if you want something to sit right on top of the enclosure https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26053-Reptisun-Terrarium/dp/B00AQU8F2O it comes with a 5.0 bulb so I recommend upgrading the bulb to either the Arcadia I linked to from Reptilebasics or a ReptiSun 10.0 like this https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26061-Reptisun-Fluorescent/dp/B00AQU8HAO/

I know the lighting can be pretty confusing, especially at first. Please don't hesitate to ask us for further assistance if you want clarification or help finding a good fit for your setup.
CooperDragon

Postby Srs1989 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 am

UPDATE.

I think he honestly got tired of the roaches. I put crickets in there and currently he is eating them all up. I’m definitely gonna still change his lighting and setup but I’m just so thankful he’s eating!

Thanks again everyone.
Srs1989
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 am

Thats great that he is eating the crickets! Sometimes they do get tired of the same food. It's another reason to always offer a variety of food. It's much healthier that way too. :D

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER