Possible prolapse??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time that Alice has pooped lately, her vent looks inflamed. It started out to be just barely red, but now it almost looked like she was prolapsing? It was very red and puffy and I think I even saw the purple ness of a vein. I didn’t get a picture because I was too busy worrying, but it has gone back in. Should I be concerned about this? She’s up running between the living room and kitchen, so she doesn’t seem to be in pain. However, she got 2 tsp of cc with 2 tsp of water about 4 days ago, and she hasn’t passed very much of it.

Viv setup:
65 gallon with basking spot at 98-100 degrees Fahrenheit and cool side around 72-75 degrees
Reptisun t5 10.0 UVB that was replaced 4ish months ago
She’s on Critical because of MBD, low weight, and she refuses to eat anything

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope it isn't a prolapse! Has she ever tried to lay any eggs before? Did she appear to be
straining when this happened, or not?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB light, the supplementation
used & frequency in which it is given, temperatures & foods fed just so we can get a better idea
what could be going on.
Perhaps she is a little dehydrated & was straining a little bit, I'm not sure. Have her urates been
soft or hard?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom