Beardie acting weird- maybe constipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon, a 7 m/o male, started running around and freaking out this morning. He seemed to be sick. My mom (a nurse) said she thought it was constipation. I must say, he hasn’t been getting any fruits or vegetables as he had diarrhea a couple weeks ago. She said we should soak him water for 30 mins a day. Is there anything else I should do? He’s now getting more fruits and veggies. What do you guys do other than soaking your beardies for constipation?

KK47IsABeardieSlave

Original Poster
KarrieRee":317vfgho said:
First lets start w/ the tank and lighting --- please post pics of his tank and lighting - we will go from there -- their behavior has everything to do w/ the lighting in the tank
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Karrie
We soaked him, he looks a lot better now.

For lighting, I use a reptisun 5.00 for uvb/uva, we use a 100w repti basking spot lamp, and an infrared light for his night light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
infrared light for his night light??????????? is that a colored bulb? And the UVB 5.0 is it inside the tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

KK47IsABeardieSlave

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3qouw6o2 said:
infrared light for his night light??????????? is that a colored bulb? And the UVB 5.0 is it inside the tank or on top of screen?
Karrie
Yes. Colored bulb. On top of the screen.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok some info on colored bulbs---------- they are harmful to dragons eyes and can cause long term damage-- dragons need darkness to sleep at nite -- colored bulbs disturb their sleep---- the UVB needs to go inside the tank --- the 5.0 is equivalent to a T 8 bulb so its rays are not as strong as the T 5-- it needs to be 6-8 inches from basking --- the screen is filtering out alot of those rays ---- once you get that in place his pooping should straighten out--- but please get rid of the colored bulb----------
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom