My beardie has parasites :(

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

My beardie has parasites :(

Postby MizzOrdo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Hello everyone,

My 2.8 yr old beardie, Max, was recently diagnosed with having parasites. He was lethargic, twitching and stopped eating and drinking completely. He was prescribed Metronidazole with .2ml being given once a day for 7 days. Then off 7 days, then back on 7 days. Then back off 7 days, then back on 7 days. Total of 21 doses. Is this too much for him? Or does that dosage sound correct? Also, I need tips and advice of what to feed him cause he won't eat anything at all. I have bought some soy yogurt as suggested in the forums. Is there anything else I can do, care wise? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
MizzOrdo
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 12:49 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My beardie has parasites :(

Postby claudiusx » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:01 pm

Seems like an excessive amount of dosing to me, but maybe someone else can chime in.
What parasites were found?

-Brandon
User avatar
claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 15115
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California

Re: My beardie has parasites :(

Postby MizzOrdo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 pm

claudiusx wrote:Seems like an excessive amount of dosing to me, but maybe someone else can chime in.
What parasites were found?

-Brandon


Hello, the only thing the paperwork states is motile protozoa was found on the slides but no parasites were found in the float. I also feel like the dosage is much too extreme. I really don't want him to end up with toxicity from the high dosage. I've only given 2 doses so far (.2ml each) and have syringe fed him soy yogurt.
MizzOrdo
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 12:49 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], KarrieRee