stuck shed on tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory123

hi I have been trying for 2 months to get this off of its tail is it bad enough to where I need to take him to the vet? I'm just asking because it's a 3 hour drive away. is there anything else I can try? please help
full

uploads

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd have a vet deal with the tight ring of adherent shed.

They have the right tools to do the job and can likely get it off in under a minute with no injury to the dragon's tail.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what have you tried ? You might use some honey [ just be sure there are no loose insects in the tank that would go after the honey ] or plain aloe. Then a short warm soak + a stiff toothbrush. I can understand not wanting to drive 6 hours round trip.

cory123

Original Poster
AHBD":1lvj3e62 said:
Hi there, what have you tried ? You might use some honey [ just be sure there are no loose insects in the tank that would go after the honey ] or plain aloe. Then a short warm soak + a stiff toothbrush. I can understand not wanting to drive 6 hours round trip.

I have used a soft toothbrushe 4 times a week with aloe iv used the reptisun sheding aid

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
cory123":jtz20fs3 said:
AHBD":jtz20fs3 said:

I have used a soft toothbrushe 4 times a week with aloe iv used the reptisun sheding aid

Definitely needs a vet to help get it off. I think any vet can handle this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom