My gravid beardie just pooped something weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think that is an egg, but extra urates possibly. If it is an egg, then it's only part of one.
Has she had a black beard at all?
Do you have a laybox made up for her yet?
If you have any pictures of her, please post them just so we can see her physical condition.
Has she been eating anything lately?

Tracie

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":fpyrc0pz said:
Hello,

I don't think that is an egg, but extra urates possibly. If it is an egg, then it's only part of one.
Has she had a black beard at all?
Do you have a laybox made up for her yet?
If you have any pictures of her, please post them just so we can see her physical condition.
Has she been eating anything lately?

Tracie

https://imgur.com/a/zzBmZES

No her beard has been bright and orange.
I have a lay box. She hasn’t laid anything in it. I put her in for an hour or two a day. I’ve tried a few different lights, hides and putting it in my closet for more privacy. I’ve even tried making one for her tank.
She ate two superworms this morning and on Saturday she ate three but she hasn’t been eating for about a month. I got carnivore care for her and have been making her eat that because she was losing so much weight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How much weight has she lost exactly, do you know?
I would try to get a fecal done on her then, to be sure there isn't something else going on.
Her body condition looks good, from the pictures you posted.
You are positive that she has eggs? Be sure that she is getting plenty of calcium into her
in case she is shelling eggs. Are you getting her to the vet this coming saturday?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2fherc4x said:
Hello,

How much weight has she lost exactly, do you know?
I would try to get a fecal done on her then, to be sure there isn't something else going on.
Her body condition looks good, from the pictures you posted.
You are positive that she has eggs? Be sure that she is getting plenty of calcium into her
in case she is shelling eggs. Are you getting her to the vet this coming saturday?

Tracie

I’m not sure, I’ll find out Saturday. I know it’s quite a bit. If I can get her to eat and get her to poop I’ll do a fecal.
I’ve been dropping carnivore care on her mouth to make her eat.
When we went to vet a month ago they did an X-ray and said she has eggs. It’s just confusing because I never see her dig ever. Not even in her tank. She paces and walks around the house but never digs. I have a security camera on her in her tank so I can see what she’s doing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, they do oftentimes reabsorb eggs before they are fully shelled. Their body just doesn't
lay them & they reabsorb & dissolve then are excreted. If that happens, they usually don't have
much of an appetite which could be what's going on.
I do think that a fecal would be a good idea so you can at least eliminate that possibility of worms
or parasites being an issue for her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom