Not drinking, eating much, droopy eyes, sluggish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! My beardie won’t drink! I got him 2 days ago and he seemed pretty normal, he walked around his terrarium and checked it out. The terrarium is 45 gallon. The temperatures are, basking spot between 100-103 degrees and cool side is around 95. His uvb light is 10.0. He is 2 months old. He will eat a little bit if I put it up to his mouth and hold it there but otherwise he won’t eat. But I have tried absolutely everything to try and get him to drink! I have done drips on his nose, given him a water bowl, gave him baths, put water on his food, sprayed water on the walls, put water on his rock, EVERYTHING!! His eyes have gone all droopy now as well and now he just sits in the corner of his tank behind his basking rock. When I get him out he doesn’t try and run and when he is out he doesn’t really move much. I am very worried now!! Can someone please help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, some of the behavior can probably be attributed to relocation stress but it is probably mostly from being too hot. If your cool temp. is 95 that's way too hot, get it down to 78-80 ASAP. BTW, where did you get your beardie ? Can you post some pics of him as well as his set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload the pics

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a youngster, at 2 months, so getting them to drink can be challenging.
Definitely post some pictures of him, along with your tank setup just so we can see how
everything is setup.
What type of thermometer are you using to measure his temperatures with?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom