Bump in front of lower jaw (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We noticed a day or two ago that our adult beardie has a pinkish-red bump inside his mouth. He’s eating normally and has been extra active since coming out of brumation recently. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? Should we be worried?

Nothing has changed as far as lighting, temps, diet, etc.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

99964-4865463618.jpg
99964-2044109819.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks like he may have bitten the fleshy portion somehow, or sustained some type of
bite from a superworm or cricket possibly.
Does it seem to be bothering him any?

Tracie

KimberleyAnne

Original Poster
It doesn’t seem to bother him. He’s been non-stop headbobbing, glass surfing, and climbing around his viv since brumation so there’s definitely been opportunity for him to injure himself.

I thought we might keep an eye on it for a few days, thinking if it’s swelling it may go down on its own but am more than willing to take him to the vet if it needs treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom