WHAT JUST CAME OUT OF MY BEARDIE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzie

https://ibb.co/Bgpn41D

My bearded dragon has been acting lethargic lately, which isn't abnormal for her. But she's been doing this weird thing where wherever she is, she'll just poop. She has one area where she has always pooped but now wherever she's lying, she just goes.

I heard her rustle around and looked up to see her pooping on her hammock. When she moved, this is what was there. WHAT THE HECK IS IT? Inappropriate word removed by Moderator It absolutely REEKED.

Her basking spot is 102-105. Cool side around 75. She has a 10.0 Powersun for light and heat and a 10.0 Reptisun for UVB elsewhere in her enclosure. She's 2 years old and recently saw the vet (no fecal)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess is parasites! You might want to take a fecal in- just to rule it out
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What's the daily diet look like?
When was the last time she pood?

-Brandon

Blitzie

Original Poster
claudiusx":2wng7lou said:
What's the daily diet look like?
When was the last time she pood?

-Brandon

For protein she gets Dubia roaches a few times a week. Veggies she gets yellow peppers and collard greens daily. She had carrots last week.

She pooped yesterday and two days before that. Especially wet but nothing like this. This was like tomato paste.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's slightly odd, probably nothing serious at all but if you want to ease your mind you can get a fecal test done as was suggested.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":3fdbsx3r said:
It's slightly odd, probably nothing serious at all but if you want to ease your mind you can get a fecal test done as was suggested.

Agreed.
Sometimes they can just have weird poos just like us. If it becomes something recurring that could be a sign of an issue.

-Brandon

Blitzie

Original Poster
claudiusx":wycvawmt said:
AHBD":wycvawmt said:

Agreed.
Sometimes they can just have weird poos just like us. If it becomes something recurring that could be a sign of an issue.

-Brandon

Will do, thanks guys. I'm calling the vet today.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, sometimes they can just have stools that are off a little bit. Getting a fecal would help
rest your mind, just to be sure she doesn't have anything strange.
How much of the carrots did you feed her? That could affect the color of the stool.
Is she eating pretty well right now?
What basking light are you using, the Powersun MVB light, 100 watt with the Reptisun 10 tube
T8 UVB?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom