Beardie Seizures *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayraye

Hey everyone, I made a previous post on this discussion board about my bearded dragon Falcor. I thought, and have been recommended to take him outside for some natural sunlight. However, it seems like he either has a seizure while he’s outside, it soon after I take him back inside...any idea why the sun would be causing these episodes? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That seems odd. I don't know why the sun would cause it. It's possible that there is an overwhelming amount of input outside and that could be related. Do you see the same behavior if you give him time in a window sill to look outside?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did he get too hot sitting out in the sunshine?
I haven't heard of that happening but as suggested, he possibly could have been
overstimulated perhaps & gotten excess muscle twitches perhaps.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Tayraye

Original Poster
CooperDragon":17b8wulq said:
That seems odd. I don't know why the sun would cause it. It's possible that there is an overwhelming amount of input outside and that could be related. Do you see the same behavior if you give him time in a window sill to look outside?

I can't think of a time when he ever has by the window...I thought that he mught just be overstimulated as well...it's hard to say.

Tayraye

Original Poster
Drache613":3rlqu9jj said:
Hello,

Did he get too hot sitting out in the sunshine?
I haven't heard of that happening but as suggested, he possibly could have been
overstimulated perhaps & gotten excess muscle twitches perhaps.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

That's what I was wonder too...overstimulation might be the cause as well, but I will still be giving him the calcium you sent me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom