Possibly egg bound beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made a post about this, (kinda) but I’m still very concerned. My beardie laid 30 infertile eggs about a month ago, and recently started being more lethargic, and started straining to poop, but nothing comes out. She laid one more egg yesterday. No digging. She also has a large hard bump on her right side, and a smaller on her left. The right side felt smaller after she laid the egg yesterday. Could she be egg bound? Are those masses just eggs that haven’t passed yet, and what should I do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to say for sure without getting a look with an x-ray or ultrasound. If she's still successfully passing eggs that's good. There may still be some more left so I'd keep a dig box available for her. She is probably pretty exhausted so I'd try to keep her hydrated and offer her high calcium foods to help replenish her energy a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom